Friday, October 26, 2007

Critical Thinking Essay redone with Dontae



If I could save a painting from the art gallery it would be Cattleya Orchid and Three Brazilian Hummingbirds, done in 1871, by Martin Johnson Heade. I would save this picture paticulary because it reminds me of my grandmother. She is a hummingbird fan, and this picture she would actually love. The foreground is dominated by the pink orchid with green sterns and pods. This is a picture where you can tell that the painter enjoys nature. The oil based canvas also brings out the background of the flower and the hummingbirds as well.
- Dontae R.






Sphere No. 6, (1963-1965)
Bronz Arnaldo Pomodoro
Italian, b. Morciano, 1926

Out of all the collections of the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in Washington DC,I would save these two works of art.For the Sphere No. 6, was created using bronze as a medium, although it is not clear what Pomodoro used to create this work of art. I would save this sphere because to me it represents the world and (the destructive nature that we have been treating it) how it should really look. It seems it fragmented, uneven and has craters as though it is showing the wounds we have inflicted upon it. I would save this to remind future generations that we need to do more to rebuild and care for the only world we have.
- Tamika A.

1 comment:

Anne Brew said...

How is this a partnership essay?

Dantae wrote one and Tamika wrote the other I don't see the collaboration.

brew

The Beautiful Enigmatic Flower

The Beautiful Enigmatic Flower
Shine On

About Me

I'm a 24 year old married mother of two, i have a full time job and I am also enrolled in school full time. I am currently pursuing my Respiratory Therapy degree.